South Africa, South Africa
Up to ZAR0.00 per annum + negotiable
3 months ago
Morson International are looking for a UNIX System Engineer - Senior to join the team of an important Telecommunications company. Rate negotiable.
- Installing, configuring and maintaining AIX/Solaris servers, installation and configuration of High Availability environment.
- Deep knowledge on LPAR/HACMP, installation and Configuration of backup.
- Patch and Package administration, performance and capacity management.
- Design, write or re-engineer UNIX/VMS scripts to enhance functionality of system.
- Knowledge on Scripting (Shell or PERL).
- Configuring and supporting AIX high level Servers.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting Hardware and Operating system related issues.
- Bachelor degree or above, major in information technology or related.
- Minimum 7 to 8 years of experience administering AIX/Solaris along with cluster setup.
Systems administration or hands-on experience is a must.
- A Deep understanding of UNIX-based operating systems, especially enterprise level AIX/Solaris/Linux distributions, including system installation / configuration, file system concepts, resource monitoring, user administration, kernel tuning, package management, and process control / management.
- Be Skilled in LPAR/HACMP
- ITIL Practitioner or above certification or relevant Operations background is considered a plus..
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent English language skills as it will be the working language.
- Provide a 24x7 service supervision through on call
- Available for international travel for training and knowledge transfer of customers
If you are interested and would like to find out more, apply now and I will be in touch shortly. Alternatively, contact Christy from Morson for more information.