hourly negotiable rate
9 months ago
Our client are to conduct a prolonged flight campaign in 2019 and require people with relevant technical and aviation experience to operate a remotely piloted aircraft system (RPAS) as part of a multi-person crew.
Beginning in early February 2019, selected candidates will undergo 7 weeks of specialist training at their UK facility in Farnborough before deploying on a rotational basis to overseas locations.
This is your opportunity to be part of an exciting aviation activity at the leading edge of global RPAS operations.
Description of the Job:
We are seeking contractors to perform in one of two roles: Pilot or Mission Planner. Training is common to both roles.
The roles will encompass the following tasks:
- Flight planning, meteorology, system preparation and airspace management
- System management and aircraft navigation from a ground control station
- Working with external stakeholders including payload operators, air traffic control authorities and customers
- General flight operations and support tasks
Essential Skills and Proven ability:
- You must have relevant technical, aviation and proven flying ability.
- Valid pilot's licence, ideally with multi-crew experience. Instructor and instrument ratings would be advantageous. Comparable military qualifications are equally welcome.
- You must have excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills to be able to work with stakeholders at all levels, both military and civilian.
- You must have proven ability of successful task delivery within a small-team environment with a demonstrable ability to make and implement complex risk-based decisions under pressure.