Crawley, West Sussex
£35.00 - £45.00 per hour
19 days ago
Providing technical expertise and support for Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) products, equipment, and systems. Seeking Electro-Mechanical, Avionics, Electronics backgrounds to undertake maintainability analysis and maintenance where required. Ex Army REME, Navy Artificers, RAF Technicians / maintainers would be well suited to this role. Knowledge of Maintainability, RCM, Reliability, Data Link Application, Post Design Services and Support are all highly desirable. 2 or 3 of these will be enough to get this job done.
I am seeking an hands on Do-er / User for this role.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as a point of contact for engineering queries relating to any aspect of the UAV's.
- Originating and implementing design changes to the products and related facilities.
- Providing technical advice and assistance to other business and engineering functions and to the user community.
- To gain familiarity with the products' design and implementation.
- To be knowledgeable about the techniques and technologies used in the design and implementation of the UAV product.
- To have understanding of the domain in which the product will be used and the imperatives of the user and customer communities.
- To address obsolescence, reliability and supportability issues arising in the product.
- To initiate, approve and advise on the embodiment of changes to the products to (a) address supportability events and (b) improve the utility (functionality, performance, and supportability) of the UAV products.
- To provide technical expertise to manufacturing, test, and repair activities which relate to the products and to effect improvements to the processes and related equipment.
- To initiate, approve, issue and present any documentation covering this work.
- To produce estimates for packages of work.
- To participate in visits / trials and represent the company on / off site where necessary.
- To plan, control and co-ordinate the work in order to produce designs on time and to the specified requirement.
- Pro-actively monitoring and assessing the performance of sub-contractors.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A UAV MAINTAINABILTY TECHNICAL SUPPORRT ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)