Up to £24.00 per hour
about 2 months ago
To provide technical avionics support to the storage and maintenance programme of aircraft within AM&SU at RAF Shawbury.
Whilst not an extensive list, this includes preparation for storage, in storage maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of faults, cannibalisation of components, Engineering Instructions and the recovery of aircraft from storage, including carrying out any penalty maintenance. This also includes any associated tasking necessary for the operation of AM&SU. The role is focused upon Typhoon aircraft but there may be times when work on other aircraft types is necessary to support the team, for which training will be given if required.
Technical Experience and Qualifications Essential Desirable
* Formal aircraft engineering training for trade with formal certification.
* MoD Typhoon 'Q' course or equivalent.
* Minimium 3 year aviation experience
* Minimum 2 years working on Typhoon aircraft.
* Experience of working on other aircraft types, particularly hawk ac. x
The position holder must have successfully completed the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Typhoon 'Q' course, or equivalent, for the trade employed for and have retained currency.
Must be able to work as an individual or part of an established team.
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile: Insert the relevant behavioural requirements for the level of job, these can be found in the divisional Behavioural & Leadership Framework.
* Leadership Performance - focusing on efficient and effective delivery and achievement of goals and targets to meet defined business aims.
* Leading Innovation and Change - Embraces change by identifying and make changes that maximise business success. Encourages and fosters continuous improvement and sharing of best practices.
* Leading Customer Focus - focusing on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and service, on both external and internal customer needs and expectations. Creating an environment in which employees want to and can deliver an excellent service resulting in sustained profitability and business success.