Up to £24.00 per hour
19 days ago
Typhoon Avionic/Electronics Supervisor
To provide support and supervision to the storage and aircraft maintenance programme of aircraft within AM&SU.
Whilst not an extensive list, this includes preparation for storage, in storage maintenance, fault diagnosis and repair of faults, cannibalisation of components, Engineering Instructions and the recovery of aircraft from storage, including carrying out any penalty maintenance. This also includes any associated tasking necessary for the operation of AM&SU. The role is focused upon Typhoon aircraft but there may be times when work on other aircraft types is necessary to support the team, for which training will be given if required.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Formal aircraft Av/Electrical engineering training for trade with formal certification.
- MoD Typhoon 'Q' course or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years working on Typhoon aircraft.
- Minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
- MoD Securtiy Cleared (SC)
Experience of working on other aircraft types, particularly hawk ac.
The position holder must have successfully completed the Ministry of Defence (MoD) Typhoon 'Q' course, or equivalent, for the trade employed for and have retained currency.
Must have a proven supervisory background at second signature level.
Must be able to work as an individual or part of an established team.
Behavioural and Leadership Competency Profile:
- Leadership Performance - focusing on efficient and effective delivery and achievement of goals and targets to meet defined business aims.
- Leading Innovation and Change - Embraces change by inspiring people to identify and make changes that maximise business success. Encourages and fosters continuous improvement and sharing of best practices.
- Leading People and Teams - bringing together and working successfully with diverse groups of people to capitalise on strengths, experiences and knowledge to accomplish shared business objectives. Encouraging development as a strategy to strengthen the business.
- Leading Customer Focus - focusing on achieving high levels of customer satisfaction and service, on both external and internal customer needs and expectations. Creating an environment in which employees want to and can deliver an excellent service resulting in sustained profitability and business success.
- Leading Culture - Creating an organisational culture of high performance and excellence, by demonstrating values and behaviours. Embracing and promoting workplace diversity by conducting business to the highest standards off honesty and integrity.