£25.00 - £35.00 per hour
5 months ago
6 months +
To provide technical support for Our Smart dual fuel solution, inclusive of third party technologies. This will involve liaising with the central smart metering infrastructure provider (DCC), customers and their third party suppliers. Working on critical contracts for Our you will be at the forefront of the UK's Smart Meter roll out.
The detailed functions are listed below:
* Providing customer support on metering and communications technology issues for individual products and end-to-end solutions
* Customer training on products and supporting software, both in customer locations and in Stafford, * First line & second line technical support with customer for product and application queries and investigations
* Third line support for specific areas working with the Our Solution Architect
* Working with 3rd parties to ensure technically sound solution, where appropriate
* Working with D&D department in co-ordination & end-to-end testing of solution
* Liaising on a technical level with external communication solutions and service providers
* Testing of interfaces and processes with 3rd party HES providers
* Testing of interfaces and processes with 3rd party IHD manufacturers
* Implement formal reporting of partner testing progress you are supporting
* Review issues within Our project and support team organisation, documenting faults found and raise tickets for rectification using Issue tracking system.
* Carry out ZigBee/HAN trace assessments to facilitate issue investigations by the other members of the Our project organisation,
* Analysis of test results and ZigBee/HAN trace results to provide evaluation of test issues to development team in order to determine source of bugs.
* Assisting in firmware upgrade and configuration of sample meters to be sent to our customers and their partners.
Mandatory: - Knowledge of low power radio communications networks and ability to rapidly learn new protocol specifications - Good communicator able to represent Our directly with systems partners - Logical approach to testing. - Ability to put yourself in the shoes of a system user. (Meter Installer, Back-Office Support work-er, Meter Test Engineer, Consumer, etc.) - Good fault analysis skills - Excellent team player - Diligent & accurate record-keeping - Capable of working with live (230V, 50 Hz) equipment safely. - Flexibility to support shift hours as required for urgent customer testing - Flexibility to work several days each week at different sites Stafford, North West and Southern England with occasional visits to Our sites in continental Europe.
Ideally: - Experienced Test & Support Engineer. - Existing ZigBee Radio & GPRS communications system integration experience
£35.00 per hour Drug Screen Required