Up to £41.62 per hour
7 months ago
The Trials Manager is responsible for the power improvement programme integration trials to test and trial engine performance.
TASKS WILL INCLUDE
- Responsible for the coordination activities to develop, implement and execute an integrated trials plan for T45 Destroyers emerging from the Power Improvement Programme (PIP).
- Providing effective liaison with all stakeholders (SS, T45 COM, MOD, PORFLOT, NCHQ).
- Supporting Ship's Staff in the development of the post PIP Generation Plan.
- Building and maintaining relationships with key contractors, within the company (engineering support), Internal/external Ministry stakeholders and Ships Staff.
- Manage and report all aspects of risk to delivering a safe, capable and available ship.
- Through the T45 COM Platform Team maintain an accurate and up to date understanding of the Ship material state to ensure that the platform's ability to meet the trials/ operational programme is fully understood, maintained and reported.
- Supporting the relevant Platform Manager.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Seasoned in Mech / Elec Systems or Marine Propulsion Systems or similar. (Marine/ Naval domain would be the best fit.
- Knowledge and a proven ability in how a Warship emerge's from deep maintenance.
- Good understanding and practical skills using Project Management theories and practices.
- Practical skills across different areas of the Project Lifecycle in delivering projects and programmes.
- Detailed knowledge of all waterfront processes and contract delivery.
- Good awareness of interfacing processes in engineering, supply chain and commercial.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A TRIALS MANAGER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)