2 months ago
Plan and execute a Trials Program to ensure our new product meets our System Test Requirements.
Working alongside subject matter experts, generate a Trials program and then execute this program of work. Record exceptions and assist in seek resolution.
* Preparing and running a trials program for a Mobile Electronic Warfare Range Test System (MERTS.)
* Interview subject matter experts and prepare a Trials Program Proposal.
* Review Trials Program Proposal with management team to ensure it will allow us to exercise all our System Test Requirements.
* Identify and manage the logistical requirements of performing the trials program.
* Identify potential trails locations and liaise with external organisations to establish access and permits to conduct trials.
* Conduct actual Trials Program.
* Ensure Engineering Issues are documented according to EWsT procedures
* Manage security of information.
* Ensure trials are conducted in accordance with H&S best practices.
* Execute plan to agreed budget.
* Must be able to demonstrate previous experience of planning and executing a trials program for complex electronic systems.
* Experience of running trials programs within a military or defence contractor environment.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively gather information from different engineering disciplines (hardware, software and test.)
* An ability to grasp and structure large amounts of information and document this in a clear and concise fashion.
* The ability to explain technically complex concepts clearly.
* Accuracy and a methodical approach to work.
* Excellent planning and organisational skills.
* Knowledge of DOORS requirements management tools
* Ability to travel. Job will be based in Farnborough initially but there will a requirement to conduct trials at other UK locations. There is also the possibility of some travel to Far East.
* Experience and knowledge relating to H&S whilst running out door trials programs
Qualifications / Additional:
* Degree or technical qualifications. - Required
* Proven experience in planning and executing Trials Programs, preferably within a defence environment.- Required
* Ability to obtain SC Clearance. - Required