2 months ago
Job Title: Transport Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive Package
Currently working with a global player within their market, having operations across the UK, Europe, America and Asia, who due to continued growth, are looking to recruit a Transport Operations Manager on a permanent basis. The business have established themselves as leading organisation within their market and continue to grow through acquisition.
The role will deliver a robust, safe and effective operation across the remit of this role, ensuring that operational controls are in place, managed effectively for optimised customer service, cost effectiveness and resource productivity.
The role will also be provide strong management and leadership with effective coaching and mentoring to create a highly motivated and results focused workforce with a commitment to delivering excellent customer service.
- Ensuring that the Depot is fully compliant with safety standards
- Lead the development and implementation of a best in class operational system, ensuring highly effective performance management and strict operational disciplines
- Support drivers in their development, providing guidance, coaching and mentoring
- Accurate allocation of resources to meet both tanker compatibility and driver training requirements
- Monitor and review fleet ensuring vehicle maintenance is planned effectively
- Participate in operational reviews and take action where needed to drive costs down, help manage suppliers and reduce outstanding debts
- Achieve predicted levels of growth and profit targets as set by the senior management through effective controls
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with the customer
- Great attention to detail to ensure that all transport data within the business systems is maintained and meets reporting requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Significant, proven transport operations experience
- Experience working with, and managing, internal and external sub-contractors
- Flexible and robust approach to work load
- Commercially astute in relation to vehicle operations and customers charging mechanisms
- Demonstrable experience of developing, and maintaining, excellent customer relationship
- Proficient IT Skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- CPC qualification Essential incl International
- Excellent commercial acumen with very strong negotiation skills.
- Structured approach with ability to prioritise, plan, delegate and coach
- Strong achievement focus with a positive can do approach