9 months ago
This role is to support and execute Transmission System Design related tasks, across various rotary Aircraft platforms.
Tasks will be varied, as the Transmission Design department are involved in the complete life cycle of its Transmission units, from conceptual scheming, to detail definition/analysis through manufacture, development and qualification/certification. Then after entry into service, supporting activities on improvements, modifications, requirement changes, obsolesces, cost reduction, re-qualification/re-certification, in-service/customer support and repair/overhaul, all activities which are performed by the Transmission Engineering Group in Yeovil.
The successful individual will support the delivery of cost effective designs/tasks and continued airworthiness of transmission system components.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Product modification and embodiment (3D geometry) of transmission components, sub-assemblies and assemblies by using CATIA V5 CAD.
- Product modification and embodiment (2D geometry) of transmission components, sub-assemblies and assemblies by using CATIA V5 CAD.
- Preparation of detail definition for gears, bearings, casings, couplings and shafts.
- Product improvements.
- Product cost reduction.
- Preparation of technical reports relevant to the assigned activities.
- Preparation of presentation material on assigned tasks
- Preparation of specifications for vendor supplied components or assemblies.
Support to Repair and Overhaul organisation.
- Support the Sustain Engineering function with in-service and production issues providing the needed drawings/sketches or repair schemes
Support to Production Manufacturing.
- Active cooperation with the manufacturing engineering group during design/production phase to ensure manufacturing related aspects are incorporated.
Support to In-service activities.
- Active cooperation with other functions within the organisation to support any relevant issue (interfaces with other elements of the aircraft, production issues, etc.)
Applicants will ideally have the following:
- Good knowledge of CATIA V5 and FT&A package.
- Good knowledge of basics rules of mechanical design (dimensioning, tolerances, fittings).
- Knowledge of CAD 2D drafting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience gained in a Mechanical Design Engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Helicopter Mechanical/Transmission systems.
- Basic knowledge and/or relevant experience in Stress and Fatigue analysis.