Up to £50.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
The Training Services Engineer will utilise best practice and professional training expertise for the conduct of training analysis, learning design, delivery, data management and assurance services for the Royal Navy Submarine Service. Activities will be undertaken autonomously or leading a team, with the support and guidance of a Line Manager as required.
You will take positive steps to maintain knowledge levels are current and up to date. The duties of the role will require initiative and skill in discharging the training tasks in a positive manner, utilising professional training skillsets to produce consistent, quality and coherent training outputs. This role sits within the Support Engineering (Training Services) family of job roles, reporting to a Line Manager as required.
- Providing support to a Line Manager as required, to ensure a quality training service is provided to the MoD Customer (SDA and ISM) and training stakeholder community, thereby enabling the delivery of safe, available and capable Submarines in service with emphasis on crew training, ensuring levels of Suitably Qualified and Experienced Personnel (SQEP) are maintained.
- Conduct and deliver high quality training outputs in accordance with the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) Quality Management Standards (QMS).
- Provide training delivery activities aligned to the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) key deliverable plan in support of the Submarines Training Providers.
- Provide support to internal and external training stakeholder meetings as directed by the Line Manager.
- Provide support to the Line Manager in the delivery of training outputs (e.g. Authoritative Advice, Design Change and training impact statements) required by the Submarine Delivery Agency (SDA) to time and quality.
- Analysis and delivery of submarine training data in support of the Submarines training community.
- Training Needs Analysis outputs as defined in accordance with JSP 822 Part 2 (Defence Systems Approach to Training - DSAT).
- DSAT Compliant Customer Courseware and Media.
- Development, delivery and maintenance of training outputs, courseware and media to support Customer requirements.
- Customer Training Evaluation and Audit Reports.
- Hold relevant JSP 822 TNA qualification.
- Detailed working knowledge of DSAT and experience in the delivery of DSAT compliant training deliverable outputs.
- At least 1 years' experience as an Instructor to MoD personnel.
- Ability to analyse and respond to customer training data requirements.
- Sound communicator (verbal and written) and the ability to present well at meetings.
- Able to write coherent documents and articulate what is required to be done.
- Good relationship management with peers and Customers.
- Significant experience and knowledge of submarine design and/or operation.