Up to £0.00 per annum
5 months ago
Purpose of the Job
To support our Client's and the Handover Programme Manager in the coordination of project activities to develop and administer the delivery of all plant, equipment and rail systems related training from contractors to infrastructure managers (IMs) prerequisite to handover as required by the works information and in readiness for operating the finished railway. Support our Client's and the Handover Programme Manager in defining the strategy for coordinated training delivery to IMs and supporting individual projects managing Tier I contractors and nominated suppliers in provision of required training.
Support the Handover Programme Manager in coordinating and supporting project teams in relation to the following:
* Manage the plan and framework to confirm all required training from contractors to comply with the works information.
* Liaising with IMs in agreeing and scheduling all required training as obligated within the project development agreement.
* Support the Handover Programme Manager in the development of a plan and framework to rationalise required training into a comprehensive programme that eliminates duplication of training between contractors and equalizes the training burden between contractors to the extent practicable.
* Supporting the individual project teams in negotiation and administration of variations to Tier I contracts to implement the rationalised plans.
* Supporting the individual project teams in managing Tier I contractors' development and delivery of required training in accordance with the rationalised plans.
* Ensuring the provision of all training and associated deliverables in accordance with the agreed programmes.
* Confirming quality requirements for all training and checking that proper processes are identified and implemented by contractors and subcontractors to achieve contractual self-assurance; conducts surveillances to document compliance.
* Coordinating periodic project meetings consistent with the project communications plan to promote and facilitate communication, review progress/performance, discussing issues and facilitating problem resolution. Supporting the development of communication plan to check effective communications between our Client's teams. Reporting all necessary dashboards, metrics, and updates for senior management information.
* Co-operate with our Client's in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times
* Act as a role model for our Client's's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with our Client's's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put our Client's's information or information systems at risk*
Main challenges of the job
* Supporting our Client's and the Handover Programme Manager in relation to identifying and implementing the most efficient delivery of training to the infrastructure managers to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality.
* Supporting our Client's in relation to its effective management of applicable interfaces with stakeholders and other contracts.
* Knowledge of industry and technology work processes. Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums. Experience with lump sum and reimbursable projects.
* Knowledge of front-end activities including: Best Practices/Lessons Learned, Constructability, Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation, Estimate/Proposal Review Process.
* Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
* Knowledge and understanding of standard infrastructure project management tools, techniques and procedures including: Project Controls, Financial management, Automation, including standard office tools, Records management.
* Knowledge and experience in baseline development and implementation including: Scope definition, Roles and Responsibilities, Estimates and resource loaded schedules, Progress and performance curves and metrics, Reports and action items tracking.
* Knowledge and experience in Project Execution Plan development and implementation.
* Knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
* Knowledge and experience in contracts/subcontracts formulation, risk analysis, negotiations, and implementation including: Change control and documentation management, Cost trend program and its linkage to change control.
* Knowledge of NEC form contracts and the hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
* Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
* Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Civil Engineers and Railway construction projects including CDM regulations.