4 months ago
We are looking for Avionics Instructors working on the Hawk platform for our client, BAE Systems Strategic Aerospace Services (BSL) based in Qatar. These roles are currently marked for a target start date in August 2021.
The Hawk Training Instructors for Avionics are responsible for preparing and delivering both theoretical and practical training, relating to Hawk Type, specialist and support training, and assessing trainee performance and evaluating the efficacy of the training system. Formal Training will occur within the Qatar Hawk Training Facility augmented by On The Job Training (OJT) within the operational environment.
The role also includes the duties of the Squadron Training Cell to develop, maintain and manage the competencies of Squadron personnel.
- Possess a Training Qualification at Level 3 or above e.g. Level 3 Award in Education & Training, Level 4 Certificate in Education & Training, Level 5 Diploma in Education & Training.
- Possess a minimum recognised qualification to NVQ3/ONC level in a relevant aircraft maintenance discipline, or suitable equivalent.
- Recent in-depth experience, to a level appropriate for their role, within a Maintenance & Support environment (typically a minimum of 5 years), including direct experience of supporting Training activities.
- Avionic Instructor to ideally have electrics trade experience
- Understands the Regulatory Framework and its applicability to the training system, processes and activities.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of delivering aircraft Type training and having operational knowledge and understanding of instructional delivery and mentoring activities, and the associated business' key performance metrics.
- Undertakes a range of work requiring a professional understanding of Training structures and processes.
- Experienced generalist applies understanding within and across a professional area of knowledge, including how solutions are developed and implemented. Self-sufficient in all common aspects of Training.
- Undertakes the more complex professional work of an area, provides a service to the Training team.