£38.02 - £42.66 per hour
about 2 months ago
Yeovil - 12 month duration - Pay rate £38.02 p/h PAYE including holiday pay or £42.66 p/h Umbrella
We are looking to recruit a Training Developer and Delivery contractor to assist with undertaking the rollout of an advanced airborne Mission Planning and Command and Control system to numerous national and international customers. This Training Designer will primarily work within the Sceptre team supporting the development of training material for various customers, however you could also be asked to support other projects as required.
As a Training Designer, the role is to support Training Needs Analysis and Instructional Design tasks during the design, development and support phases of the training lifecycle to agreed timescales and budget. Training activities will include working on client, MOD and other Customer sites, working to a demanding and complex schedule.
- Supporting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) activities in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Conducting Instructional Design and development activities in accordance with a recognised Systems Approach to Training.
- Supporting Customer acceptance activities.
- Supporting the Technical Authority in the development and implementation of tailored TNA and ID processes.
- Developing Customer and Stakeholder Relations.
- Adhering to client Governance, Configuration and Change Control processes.
- Providing Training related Subject Matter Expertise to Technical and Engineering authorities.
- Supporting Training Planning activities through the provision of Subject Matter Expertise advice and guidance.
- Documentation of training and HCI issues
- Accurately reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Production of appropriate training documentation
- Organisation of peer reviews of own work products
- Participation in peer reviews of own and others' work products
- Providing realistic estimates for training activities
- Maintaining excellent version control practices
- Providing training guidance to team members
- Knowledge of training design within Defence or the wider Defence Industry sector.
- Working within a team comprising of training and system specialists.
- Good working knowledge of the Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT), including the DSAT Quality Management Standard (QMS) and DSAT guidance documentation.
- Good working knowledge of Training/Engineering Lifecycle Management.
- Good working knowledge of complex software enabled mission planning, rehearsing and debriefing processes.
- Must have a 'can do' attitude; deliver on commitments within agreed budgets and timescales
- Must have strong communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Enjoy team dynamics
- Able to foster a positive team spirit
- Be willing to work away from their home site for periods of time
- Prepared to gain full SC clearance with caveats, e.g. UK Eyes Only
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate competence in the above and be:
o Influential and assertive
o Able to work unsupervised
o Innovative and able to drive improvement
o Self-organised and good with management of time and conflicting priorities
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the tasks involved all candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC standard. You will be able to start in post under a baseline security clearance with an SC application pending.
This role has been deemed Inside IR35.