£300.00 - £350.00 per day + Ltd co
6 months ago
Fareham, Hampshire - 3 month contract - Pay rate up to £350 per day Ltd Co
We are looking to recruit 3x Training Designers to work on contract for our defence client on naval training projects based in Fareham, Hampshire. Our client operates a significant outsourced contract for the provision of education and training services to the Royal Navy. The training services comprise of Naval technical and tactical training and education, delivered by client instructors as well as training support (e.g. training planning, equipment support, routine maintenance and training design). The contract is entering an exciting new phase with renewed focus on training innovation, optimisation and collaborative working and this role will provide the support and drive to achieve successful delivery of all aspects of the contract in this new phase.
Reporting to the Enabling Services Managers and Senior Training Designers, the Training Designers are responsible for production and development of training design documentation and the identification of instructor competencies and SQEP to support new training requirements.
The main place of work will be HMS Collingwood with responsibilities for other sites. The role requires a high degree of flexibility; with a requirement for regular travel between sites within the UK
- To support the Training Design Supervisor in ensuring effective and efficient delivery of the FOAP (T) Contract Training Design activities
- The production and development of training design documentation and the identification of instructor competencies and SQEP to support new training requirements
- Ensure compliance with MoD regulations and Client FOAP (T) QMS procedures
- Applies training design knowledge and experience - is able to demonstrate experience in developing and designing training interventions using a variety of media and technology
- Develops overall instructional strategy - is able to analyse and implement changes to programmes, identifying effective and ineffective instructional design
- Training Design IT knowledge and experience - has a working knowledge of at least one industry-leading tool for design and development (including Learning Management Systems and Learning Content Management Systems)
- TAFMIS CME and TAD - Has a working knowledge of TAFMIS CME and TAD
- To support the Training Design team for admin management of systems and processes for Code 21
- The data entry of training design documentation into TAFMIS.
- Maintain documentation in accordance with Document and Review Management Plan (DRMP).
- Carry out other appropriate task that may be required from time to time
- Ensure compliance with MoD regulations and procedures
- Proven ability undertaking Instructional and/or Training Design, ideally from a Royal Navy or Armed Forces background
- ECDL or equivalent demonstrable proficiency in using IT (hardware/software) within the workplace
- Understanding of a Systems Approach to Training
- Understanding of DSAT (Defence Systems Approach to Training)
- DCTS Training Design (successful completion)
- DCTS Job Analysis (successful completion)
- Proven ability in developing technology based design solutions (e-learning, multimedia)
- Embraces change and utilises resources effectively - Manages time effectively prioritising based upon direction from Senior TDs and ESMs
- Focuses on results - demonstrating drive and determination to achieve objectives
- Maintains networks and engages in collaborative working - able to demonstrate ability to maintain effective and professional working relationships that deliver value to the customer
- Demonstrates application of effective training delivery principles - has deep knowledge of training delivery, standards and culture.
- Effective Communication: Communicates appropriately with a variety of stakeholders
- Performance: Is aware of own performance in the context of goals and standards and actively seeks development opportunities
- Customer Focus: Able to develop and promote high levels of customer engagement.
Additional information: Please note due to the sensitive nature of the work undertaken candidates should be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance. The successful candidates will be able to start while a new SC application is pending.