Up to £50.00 per hour
about 1 month ago
3 month contract
We are looking to recruit a Training and Education Manager to work for a large defence company. This role will operate across all Naval Ships Functions and be responsible for delivering the Training and Education Strategy including the governance of training spend, Leadership Development programmes and the ownership of associated policies and processes on behalf of the Head of HR for Functional Delivery.
Overall responsibility for supporting the business to meet our strategic objectives by working with the Functions to develop individual capability.
- Develop and deliver Naval Ships Training and Education Strategy
- Work with the HR Managers / Function Capability Leads / Functional Directors to identify the training requirements tailored to the business needs and individual Leadership Development requirements associated with Succession Development Plans
- Determine the priorities and plans on a 12 month rolling cycle to create a company-wide development calendar
- Governance of business training (spend and systems)
- Work with HR Governance and Systems team to measure and analyse the training spend across the business ensuring appropriate governance applied within the Functions
- Governance and continuous improvement of systems and reporting solutions to enable management of the program
- Ensure alignment and delivery of Training solutions provided by CoE SME's, HR Shared Services and 3rd parties with line of business, programme or project objectives and requirements
- Embed Capability Development processes and frameworks (DY Framework) across the function
- Works closely with the Function Capability Managers to ensure thorough implementation and evaluation of the training programmes
- Behavioural Framework and associated development interventions (BAU) (People Management training Leadership Development programmes)
- Design, Develop and Implement General Management development programme
- HR representative for Naval Ships People Capability through Maritime and Group HR teams
- Policy and process lead for Performance Management and Development (BAU)
The successful applicant will have previous experience working across complex cross functions and cross business stakeholder groups. Project Management skills are essential along with experience of working in a busy HR / L&D Function. Experience of using HR Information Systems (SuccessFactors is preferred). You will also have experience of managing budgets as well as compiling and presenting reports and analysing data. You will also have experience in designing and delivering training programmes.
Strong leadership skills are required including leadership of HR Generalists and cross Function team (where appropriate), delivery of business performance and the People Plan. You will also have strong influencing skills associated with driving collaboration of cross function working groups
Interpersonal Skills (Type of people skills required to perform the position)
- Strong manager who gains 'buy in' and empowers but is aware of the end game and what is required to deliver results
- Leads through example with the team, colleagues and external contacts.
- Strategically aware, able to analyse what needs addressing and create a successful plan to change areas that need improvement
- Drive to succeed, improve and challenge the status quo. Provide good evidence of initiating ideas and projects that have delivered positive outcomes
- Can work independently and seeks the appropriate resources and support to achieve results
- Influencing and persuasion of others including Senior Leadership Team colleagues
- High degree of perseverance, when attempting to influence or manage change
Please note the pay rate advertised is a Limited pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Human Resources; HRBP; CIPD; HR Generalist; ER; Employment Relations; Employee Relations; Employer Relations; Resource Planning; Trade Unions; Stakeholder management; People development; Talent Management; Succession Planning; HR Policies; Change Management; Mediation; HR Advisor; HR Specialist; Employment Law; People Management; Learning and Development; Training