Salford, Greater Manchester
7 months ago
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £850 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
Morson are seeking a Trainee Accounts Assistant to join the Finance & Payroll team at our modern, purpose-built offices in Trafford Park (close to Media City and the Trafford Centre).
This is a hugely varied role, working to support the Accounts & Payroll functions. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Input invoices to purchase ledger
- Assist with staff expense claims process
- Assist in preparation of month-end reports
- Posting journals
- Printing and binding reports
- Scanning and attaching of documents to the personnel record
- Maintaining and updating system records as required
- Compliance checking and records keeping
- Ad hoc clerical duties as required by manager
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Qualities:
- Maths and English GCSE at A-C level essential
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and competent in Excel and Word
- A Levels or BTEC qualification desirable
- Experience of working within an office environment desirable
- Will need to demonstrate attention to detail, effective time management skills & ability to work in a fast-paced office environment and the ability to work unsupervised once trained.
A strong work ethic, and the flexibility and willingness to work as part of a wider team is required. Previous experience in a similar role would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be provided.
Commitment and hard work is rewarded with a competitive salary, 26 days holiday (plus bank holidays), great benefits, an employee health and wellbeing programme, free onsite parking, and a free onsite gym. Our company culture is second-to-none, with a real family ethos and focus on looking after every single employee. You can read more about what it's like to work for Morson at www.morson.com/careers.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.