Up to £0.00 per annum
25 days ago
Position in the Organisation
The post reports to the shift Duty Operations Manager
Network & Links
Crossrail main Works Contract C610 - Alstom TSO Costain (ATC) Joint Venture and external parties
* To deliver a high quality and professional train operation service that meets the requirements of the remaining plan for completing testing and moving to a fully commissioned Operational railway.
* Manage the safe and efficient running of trains over the Route infrastructure.
* Work with other key stakeholders, interpreting information from control systems to make proactive decisions to prevent disruption to the plan, always ensuring effective communication to train staff and signal controllers.
* Work closely with the Operations Managers to deal with incidents in accordance with the Incident Management Plan, ensuring that any operational contingency plans can be implemented as quickly as possible and that the prescribed information is collected to support any investigation.
* Following an incident or performance related delay, develop and specify possible recovery plans, including appropriate communication with other stakeholders and train operational staff to ensure any resourcing issues are addressed
* Maintain a daily log of all train running information and events, using the available systems in accordance with the relevant company standards and instructions
* Use experience of regularly experienced issues to feedback and suggest possible planning improvements to increase efficiency
* Knowledge and demonstrable experience of operating procedures, rules and regulations
* Operational experience within a Control room environment or rail operations role
* Understanding of the Route or similar planning process
* Knowledge of rail operations companies' organisational structure and processes
* Demonstrable skill in the use of Microsoft Office package and a railway control specific software system
* Route knowledge of the Elizabeth Line Central Operating Section and/or its interfaces
* Knowledge of RFL rulebook for Elizabeth Line Central Operating Section and/or its interfaces
* General understanding of commercial and business strategy
* Good team working skills
* Ability to make objective decisions
* Innovative approach to the tasks in hand, striving for a better way.
* Able to influence others and work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills
* Excellent writing skills
* Ability to establish and maintain Safe Systems of Work (RAMS)
* Customer focused
* Safe and environmentally aware