Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
Traffic Engineer, Field Based, Oxfordshire
Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999 chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to act under pressure and provide good customer satisfaction.
* Basic controller and traffic signal knowledge, further training will be given as the role progresses.
* Full driving license.
* Basic IT skills.
* Health & Safety Awareness including Risk Assessment training.
* Manual Handling Training.
* Basic First Aid Training to Sector 8 standard.
* Operating from the Walsall service centre and reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
* The role will involve fault rectification on a wide range of traffic signal equipment.
* Working in close co-operation with customers, a high degree of customer focus is required. Self-motivation will be required as this role is a mobile field role and will also require a high degree of flexibility and self-management.
* Working alone and with colleagues to the highest standards in order to maintain signals equipment and to reduce the overall fault rates within our traffic signals maintenance contracts.
* The role will require work outside of normal hours on a call out basis, weekend and bank holiday working will be essential to this role.
* To deliver services to our customers on time and within budget.
* Fault rectification / modification of all traffic signals equipment.
* Periodic inspections on all customer traffic signal equipment, ensuring schedule is maintained and correct paperwork generated.
* Liaising with administrative staff to ensure fault and periodic maintenance activities are recorded correctly.
* Liaising with senior engineers and maintenance manager to ensure repeat fault rate is kept to a minimum.
* Self-tasking and clearance of faults utilising the Fault Management system mobile application.
* Take direct responsibility for the contracts you are working on liaising directly with the customer where necessary.
* Ensure contract KPI's are maintained and improved.
* Ensure accurate recording of extra to contract (chargeable) works.
* Ensuring all paperwork (timesheets, fault records and chargeable forms) are completed accurately and on time.
* Carry out call out responsibilities (currently on a 3 weekly basis), liaising with out of hours call centre to ensure repair service is maintained 24x7.
* Comply with working procedures.
* Responsible for carrying out individual Health and Safety risk assessments on site, plus adhering to any local H&S procedures.
* Ensuring that all individual tools and test equipment are fully serviceable and calibrated.
* Ability to work in a team and on their own.
* Positive and flexible attitude.
* Good communication skills with customers and colleagues.
* Hands on approach.
* Ability for self-learning.
* Reasonable administrative skills.
Excellent employee benefits:
We are a committed to ensuring that we offer industry leading career opportunities, salary and benefits packages. Join us and you can expect to receive:
* 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
* Company pension scheme
* A range of family friendly policies including childcare vouchers
* An employee-funded car leasing scheme
* Occupational health support
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.