Rail Technical Team
4 months ago
Job Title: Traffic and Logistics Manager
Our client are a global engineering, construction and project management company who deliver landmark projects that create long-term progress and economic growth. Their expertise includes Infrastructure, Mining & Metals, Nuclear, Security, Environmental, Oil, Gas & Chemicals in 160 countries on all seven continents. The company and culture are built on over a century of leadership and relentless adherence to values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics and integrity.
Our client is looking for a Traffic & Logistics (T&L) Manager for the Heathrow Project to work on either a permanent or contract basis.
- Ensures that project proposal works (work performance implementation strategies) are supported for submissions to the client and internally. Proposal work will initially be based on Concept Development Design documents requiring practical judgement based on previous experience in active airports.
- Prepares plans in coordination with Contract, Engineering and Operational teams
- Reviews and provides feedback / approves T&L execution plans and procedures.
- Monitors performance of T&L project activities to ensure performance to plans and to identify corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of reports to satisfy project and / or global business unit information requirements.
- Develops T&L reports, metrics and studies for project and global business unit management review.
- Plans, conducts or arranges training of personnel on Project to ensure core training requirements are satisfied.
- Performs project T&L performance reviews to ensure project T&L team is executing according to plan and within budget.
- Ensures implementation of applicable T&L process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in various industry associations, conferences, and seminars to obtain industry contacts and best practices.
- Ensures safety requirements and measures are integrated in all T&L activities, procedures, and goals.
Possesses a high level of knowledge and proficiency in all areas of responsibility including:
- Experience working on an active major airport
- T&L service provider pricing, services, operations and terms and conditions including chartering agreements
- Procedures and instructions for compliance with governmental regulations affecting the movement of goods and technology
- Cargo insurance requirements and their integration into goods purchase orders and Traffic & Logistics service provider agreements
- Industry packing, marking, and shipping requirements and their application to purchased equipment
- Formalities and processes for importing and exporting globally
- Trade and delivery terms and export credit agency requirements
- Elements of cost and resource requirements for preparation and management of T&L budgets
- Arranging for over-dimensional, over-weight or hazardous materials/equipment via all modes of transportation
- Development of project Traffic & Logistics execution plans and procedures
- Management/supervisory methods and techniques to maximize employee performance and satisfaction