Up to £0.00 per annum
Rail Technical Team
21 days ago
Morson International is recruiting for Traffic & Logistics (T&L) Manager for a Project in London.
- Manages and performs T&L activities and responsibilities for the scope.
- Works with Project Management, Engineering and Construction personnel to prepare construction plans for receipt and tracking of materials and equipment, laydown area arrangement, staging of works and transport of materials and equipment to and from the site.
- Establishes and implements T&L plans, procedures, work processes, and resources to ensure the safe, timely, and economical delivery of goods to project and business unit requirements.
- Collaborates with other business unit T&L Managers, Corporate Traffic & Logistics and Bechtel Global Logistics to leverage best practices, work processes, knowledge and buying power.
- Ensures that project proposal works (work performance implementation strategies) are supported for submissions to the client and internally. Proposal work will initially be based on Concept Development Design documents requiring practical judgement based on previous experience in active airports. The work products are to support Development Consent Order (DCO) submissions.
- Prepares plans in coordination with Contract, Engineering and Operational teams such that best practice T&L actions are incorporated for safe and cost-effective project performance; includes sequencing of operations and movements of materials and equipment.
- Reviews and provides feedback / approves T&L execution plans and procedures.
- Monitors performance of T&L project activities to ensure performance to plans and to identify corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensures the timely and accurate completion of reports to satisfy project and / or global business unit information requirements.
- Ensures T&L services are acquired in accordance with Procurement policies and procedures.
- Negotiates T&L service provider agreements to maximize commercial and technical interests.
- Develops T&L reports, metrics and studies for project and global business unit management review.
- Plans, conducts or arranges training of personnel on Project to ensure core training requirements are satisfied.
- Performs project T&L performance reviews to ensure project T&L team is executing according to plan and within budget.
- Collaborates with fellow business unit T&L Managers and Corporate T&L to create and share best practices, procedures, work processes, and T&L knowledge.
- Ensures implementation of applicable T&L process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in various industry associations, conferences, and seminars to obtain industry contacts and best practices.
- Ensures safety requirements and measures are integrated in all T&L activities, procedures, and goals.
Possesses a high level of knowledge and proficiency in all areas of responsibility including:
- Experience working on an active major airport
- Supply Chain instructions, policies, and procedures
- Traffic and Logistics procedures
- T&L service provider pricing, services, operations and terms and conditions including chartering agreements
- Procedures and instructions for compliance with governmental regulations affecting the movement of goods and technology
- Cargo insurance requirements and their integration into goods purchase orders and T&L service provider agreements
- Industry packing, marking, and shipping requirements and their application to purchased equipment
- Formalities and processes for importing and exporting globally
- Trade and delivery terms and export credit agency requirements
- Elements of cost and resource requirements for preparation and management of T&L budgets
- Arranging for over-dimensional, over-weight or hazardous materials/equipment via all modes of transportation
- Development of project T&L execution plans and procedures
- Management/supervisory methods and techniques to maximize employee performance and satisfaction
- Performance metrics to be applied across projects to measure the performance and value of the project T&L team (including the T&L service providers employed by the projects)