£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
6 months ago
Trade Compliance Officer - Somerset
Reporting into the Head of Trade Compliance for the Division, as part of the team, you will contribute in implementing and overseeing the companys regulatory governance of sanctions regulations and export control regulations.
Responsibilities: ensure implementation of export compliance requirements as laid down in export Compliance Framework, which includes:
* Where necessary, develop and review policies and procedures to assist the business in compliance with export controls (including but not limited to classification, document marking, screening, etc)
* Provide assistance, training and support to the business function on trade compliance matters.
* Ensure proper management of technology licenses and overall of the technology control plan (TCP).
* Third party screening and carrying out Due Diligence on third parties as required.
* Communicating license provisos and limitations.
* Perform self assessments and implement any associated corrective or improvement actions.
* Participate as requested and ensure readiness for any related investigation or audit.
* Develop and implement continuous improvement actions to address any issues arising out of investigations, disclosures, governmental audits and identified deficiencies.
* If and when required, assist or form backup for Export Control Officers at other sites.
* Other tasks and responsibilities as defined in the Export Compliance Framework.
You will need:
* University degree in Business Administration or equivalent
* Fluency in at least another foreign language.
* Specific knowledge and at least 2 years experience on Trade Compliance, UK and US Export regulations (goods rating/classification, licenses, controls on technology).
* Experience with other international export control regulations.
* Experience in drafting/making/managing license applications (US and UK) and reexport/re transfer requests.
* Experience in interacting with regulatory bodies.
* Experience in drafting procedures, carrying out internal audits.
* Experience in hosting audits with Export control authorities.
* Experience in carrying out investigations on alleged breaches.
* Experience in managing projects.