£300 - £400 per annum
Rail Technical Team
8 months ago
Job Title: Traction & Rolling Stock Installation Design Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical)
Job Type: Contract
Rate: Negotiable depending upon experience
Recruiting for two Traction and Rolling Stock Installation Design Engineer's, one with an Electrical bias and the other Mechanical.
Both positions are working on a contract basis for a leading client in the Rail Industry based in Derby working on a long-term contract basis.
Working as part of a close-knit team the Installation Design Engineer will have an area of specialism and a wide knowledge of our industry especially regarding retrofitting train control systems. The Installation Design Engineer will work within the on-board train fitment design team to ensure the installation design engineering requirements on the project are correctly captured and delivered.
* In depth practical knowledge and experience of designing the retro-fitment installation of train systems, in particular ETCS, TPWS, AWS, GSM-R, Wi-Fi, CCTV and DAS.
* The application design of standard hardware in an on-train environment and documentation of the application design for train carried systems.
* Ability to understand and capture installation design requirements (specifications, scenarios, rules, etc.) relating to the subsystem.
* Previous experience of using Solid Edge 3D CAD system.
* The ability to specify cables, connectors, terminals, conduits etc to be used in the installation design.
* The ability to produce conduit fill ratio calculations.
* Experience of leading/participating in vehicle surveys to ensure sufficient information is gathered to facilitate the production of installation designs.
* Awareness of depot procedures and site safety.
* An understanding of the approvals process required to modify a train and bring it back into service.
* Read and review requirements, creating written comments and attending reviews as required.
* Review engineering data for completeness and consistency.
* Review product installation designs to ensure adherence to guidelines and installation constraints
* Previous experience in application designs for maintenance.
* Previous experience in liaising with subcontractors throughout the whole project lifecycle.
* Experience of working to industry quality and safety standards.
* Specific knowledge of implementing ETCS and/or CBTC systems and GSM-R systems
* Proven track record in working in major Sub-contract environments
* Previous experience of using MicroStation CAD system
* Previous experience of using AutoCAD CAD system