£350 - £390 per day
Rail Technical Team
3 months ago
Job Title - Engineer (Track)
Location - Crewe/Doncaster
Rates - UP TO £398.38 per day (LTD/Umbrella) - UP TO £350.23 per day (PAYE)
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
You will manage design and/or construction activities for allocated projects. You will be managing so that appropriate engineering standards are used, in relation to design and/or construction on allocated projects.
The ideal candidate will be a track engineer, specifically high output track renewals. You could be site or office based in Crewe or Doncaster.
What you will do:
1. Implement Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, construction, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
2. Monitor specific projects managed by Infrastructure Investment so that they are engineered to the standards and specification of Rail, allocated design and construction contracts include reference to and are compliant with appropriate Railway Group and standards, formal specifications and procedures.
3. Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
4. Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of the CSM-RA process to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance with environmental policy.
5. Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
6. Provide project management advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage so that the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) regulations.
7. Monitor so that the contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel are competent.
8. Undertake reviews of design and/or construction activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, construction, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
9. Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
Your experience will include:
* Successful relevant experience in engineering disciplines, ideally with involvement in track renewals projects.
* High output experience.
* Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
* Knowledge of track quality assurance.
* An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
* CDM, CSM-RA risk evaluation and assessment, auditing internal and external competency.
* Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
* Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
* An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
* Project safety management experience.
* Experience of railway gauging schemes and designs.