18 days ago
To provide a Toolstore counter service within Wattisham Station.
- Supervision of AHDSU Toolstore and calibration matters, as directed by the Toolstore Controller.
- Providing a tool store counter service in AHDSU controlled areas and support to aircraft maintenance workers.
- Accounting for all issued stores held against authorised entitlement.
- Checking the aircraft inventory of all aircraft arriving or departing at the AHDSU
- Controlling the AHDSU Aircraft Ground Equipment (AGE) holdings
- Supporting the AHDSU Issue Centre Custodian iaw MAP-01, Chap 6.1.
- The accounting and stock control of AGE against the appropriate authorised holdings
- The requisition of replacement tools.
- Managing the calibration of TME as the TME controller if qualified.
- Ensuring all equipment issued is in calibration and when not in date ensuring the equipment is quarantined.
- Supervising the tool control system in accordance with the tool control measures in the Depth Operating Procedures, including:
- Ensuring that no tool leaves the store except in exchange for a tally or voucher.
- Ensuring that no tool leaves the store unless correctly etched and that unetched tools are secured separately from in-use tools.
- Ensuring that all tool kits have a deficiencies list which certifies completeness of the tool kit or any deficiencies. A duplicate deficiencies list is to be issued with the tool kit.
- Ensuring that complex or multi-item tools have a check list of individual components, updated as necessary when the tool is modified. Completeness of components and containers of complex tools to be checked against the check-list on both issue and return. A duplicate check list is to be issued with the tool kit.
- Ensuring that all tools have a dedicated and clearly marked location within the store or within tool kits.
- Placing aircraft onto and off, of tool control iaw MAP=01 Chap 6.1
-Monitoring the serviceability of tools and demanding replacements as necessary. Tools returned to store must be checked for completeness and serviceability. All parts/components of broken/damaged tools are to be returned to the toolstore before a replacement is issued.
- Ensuring that where a tool is removed for replacement, repair, calibration or loan/detachment it is replaced with a tally and the specific reason for removal recorded.
- Ensuring that tools taken on detachment are correctly recorded on the detachment voucher and that a full check is carried out on issue and on return from detachment. A signature for the tools is to be obtained from the person responsible for tool control during the detachment
- Ensuring that visitors or working party tools are registered on arrival and checked on departure. Visitors to be made aware that they are responsible for their own tool control.
- Informing the Engineering Manager (or AWL Chief Technician) immediately of any loss of tools or deficiencies in the tool control system.
- Producing a list of accountable equipment to be checked by Quality Audit Check 3 (QA3)