US$60.00 - US$70.00 per annum
9 days ago
Senior Estimator is primarily responsible for estimating costs and schedule required to manufacture aerospace tooling based on customer supplied data. This role is required to analyze specifications including written statements of work, tool models, sketches, drawings, bills of material, or layouts, and calculate design and manufacturing costs using experience, internal cost models, input from key functional leaders, supplier input, and historical data.
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position.
* Interprets customer specifications, CAD models, and drawings to determine labor, material, and outsource costs to manufacture tooling.
* Estimates are to be prepared and thoroughly documented using company approved processes and costing tools.
* In coordination with internal supply chain teams, work with outside suppliers for material, commercial components, or services as required.
* Attend customer bid conferences via web meetings or in person as required.
* Coordinate with internal functions to ensure alignment on estimated labor (engineering, manufacturing, installation, etc).
* Coordinate with internal commercial team throughout the estimating process to ensure alignment with commercial pursuit strategy.
* Coordinate with internal functions to develop accurate execution schedules for each quotation.
* Develop and present cost and execution strategy to internal leadership team prior to quote approval.
* In coordination with commercial team, review purchase orders to ensure alignment with submitted quotation.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful job performance will be considered.
* Associate or Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be a U.S Citizen and not hold multiple citizenships.
* Must possess Secret Security Clearance and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.
* 3+ years of aerospace tooling experience (preferably in composite layup tooling, assembly tooling, transportation equipment, and work stands)
* 5+ years of cost estimating experience
* Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes (including fabrication, machining, assembly, and inspection)
* Ability to interpret customer requirements from statements of work, CAD models, and drawings
* Strong English verbal and written communication skills
* Attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
* Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing deadlines
* Strong math skills
* Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
* This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22.C.F.R. § is required.