Up to £32.00 per hour
9 months ago
Our Stevenage Client has a requirement for a Tooling Engineer to join their team.
To convert internal customer requirements into finished ground support equipment and tooling, conforming to company/industry standards and legal regulations
* Definition, design responsibility and supply of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment (MGSE) and tooling to support the manufacture, test, mechanical handling and delivery of satellite/spacecraft structures.
* Provision of estimates and schedules and thereafter the control of the design, structural analysis, supplier selection, manufacturing reviews and acceptance/qualification testing.
* Be aware of safety issues associated with Mechanical Handling, Lifting Equipment and the general
* Creation of technical documents to ensure the manufacture, test and safe usage of equipment.
* To develop and build relationships both internally and externally and work as part of a small team
* Ability to deliver multiple tasks to set time frames with minimal supervision
* Able to organise and manage own workload
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
* Responsible for the delivery of equipment to internal customers to meet Quality, Cost & Schedule needs.
* Proven relevant experience in a Manufacturing based design engineering role.
* Good knowledge of Mechanical Ground Support Equipment and/or Precision Tooling manufacture and supply.
* Creation of technical reports to cover the design specification, use and safety/legislative aspect of supplied equipment.
* Experience of PDM systems, i.e. Windchill
* Experienced in dealing with both customers and suppliers
* Ideally experience gained within the Space/ Aerospace industry however other Manufacturing Sector or General Mechanical / Project Engineering backgrounds can be considered.
Education & Training
Degree/HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related discipline or sufficient relevant experience
* Occasional clean room working
* Occasional early or later start/finish
* Some UK travel to other Airbus or customer sites
The successful candidate will be required to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.