Isle of Wight, England
£18 - £24 per hour
7 months ago
A vacancy has arisen and applications are invited to apply for the position of Tool Designer within our Manufacturing Engineering department, based at our Cowes Falcon Yard site.
The Tool Designer will be expected to determine and generate the information and requirements needed for the design, manufacture, modification and maintenance of tooling equipment across the business, as well as supporting other areas of Manufacturing Engineering where appropriate.
- Determining and creating appropriate Tool designs and philosophies to support the business (Composite manufacture & Assembly Tool focused)
- Promoting a strong H&S culture throughout the Tooling environment
- Being compliant to all budgets and customer audits, whilst coordinating activities involved with in-house Tool Manufacturing
- Demonstrating the ability to work and deliver, using your own initiative
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A sounds background in Aerospace engineering and in working on complex engineering projects.
- Experience of continuous improvement and lean management.
- Proactive in new developments of expertise required.
- Good interpersonal team working skills with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- CATIA software (Design and Analysis).
- Innovative toward all aspects of the job.
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
- Ability to support 'off site' Tooling' related activities.