£35.00 - £38.00 per hour
9 months ago
Various specific tasks:
* Representing client at reviews/meetings. Negotiating interfaces, advising or directing design based on build philosophy.
* Package frontier support: calculation of tolerances based on process capability, build philosophy. Negotiating and justifying relaxation of requirements.
* Review of other suppliers designs and integration into FTE.
* Writing specifications: machine/fixture
* Liaising with tooling manufacture.
* Liaising with part manufactures.
* Trade off studies for build philosophy selection.
* Maintaining build philosophy plan.
* Creation of Validation Matrices and PFMEA's for new technologies.
* Metrology plans.
* Tolerance analysis: cascade creation and statistical calculation (RSS and ASRC).
* Writing condition of supplies for suppliers parts in line with build philosophy/tooling requirements: gaps, datum structures, hole requirements, treatments, GD&T etc.
* Calculation of shimming requirements.
* Assembly process definition.
* Awareness of M&P requirements.
* Involvement with all aspects of design: spar, rib posts etc.
Based on the Bristol sites, good communication and time management skills and to attend site meetings as required and able to respond flexibly with changing requirements and respond quickly.