West Sussex, England
18 days ago
Morson International are currently looking to recruit a Tooling Design Engineer for our composite specialist client based in West Sussex.
The Tooling Design Engineer will report to the Chief Engineer, covering all aspects of tooling design encompassing assembly fixtures, machining fixture and other vital tooling applications.
The role involves working within the design team but alongside the production engineers and machine shop to achieve effective tooling solutions.
The role involves working within a small group of experience design engineers as part of a team sharing responsibilities, with a view to becoming a key member of the team able to guide junior team members, and production departments.
- Working closely with the Chief Designer yet being personally responsible for the design lead on both customers designed components and internal designed components and assemblies.
- Working with the production team and the machine shop to develop and implement effective tooling and fixture solutions. Design and detailing of all fixture and assembly solutions. Review and improvement of current assembly jigs and machining fixtures. Working with Research and Development to use new materials for all types of tooling.
- Work with the senior design team to define, implement and develop the design tools to be the core design processes for the business, including management of standard parts, materials and process specification database.
- Work with Project Managers to support customer workflow, including design liaison as required, tooling definition and costing, ensuring correct data is sent for quote and correct tooling is received and technical suppliers developed.
Ideally you will be:
- Engineering Qualification.
- Good understanding of engineering drawings and Geometrical tolerance.
- Experienced CAD user with Catia or Siemens NX preferred.
- Basic understanding of Metallic and Composite materials and their properties
- Experience of engineering manufacturing processes.
In return a competitive salary and benefits package is on offer. For more details, please contact Louise Taylor at Morson.