Cowes, Isle of Wight
£35.00 - £40.00 per hour
3 months ago
Tooling Design Engineer
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tool Designer to join a leading Aerospace manufacturer on a 10-month contract at their Cowes office. This site specialises in the development & manufacture of composite jet-engine technology for civil and military aircraft, so the role is ideally suited to someone with a background in tooling production for the Aerospace industry.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £35.00 - £40.00 LTD per Hour
Duration: 10 Month Contract
Location: Cowes, Isle of Wight
As a Tooling Design Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the design, development, modification and procurement of tools to aid the manufacture and development of composite and hybrid aerospace engine components i.e. fan blades and cases.
* Determine and creating appropriate Tool designs and philosophies to support the business.
* Promoting a strong H&S culture throughout the Tooling environment.
* Being compliant to all budgets and customer audits, whilst co-ordinating activities involved with in-house Tool Manufacturing.
* Assist Manufacturing Engineers with creating Tool Design Specifications for tooling to be designed and manufactured by external suppliers.
* Demonstrating the ability to work and deliver, using your own initiative.
* Experience in Tool Design & Procurement.
* Proficiency in the use of CATIA V5 (Essential).
* Good knowledge of composite materials and processing methods.
* Ability to manage and coordinate internal/external customer requirements.
* Good understanding of the design requirements for composite components.
* Knowledge of assembly and the influence of manufacturing tolerances.
* You must have a responsible approach to the Health & Safety of themselves and others.
* PC literacy - specifically MS office programmes
* Recognised qualifications in Mechanical, Materials Science or Aerospace Engineering
* Willingness to travel (UK and Europe);
- May include working in Bristol for extended periods i.e. weeks (with expenses paid).
* Flexibility towards hours of work when (occasional) tight deadlines emerge.
* Good interpersonal team working skills.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* Innovative toward all aspects of the job.
* Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
* Good reporting skills on project status and progress.
* Experience of continuous improvement and lean management.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Tooling Design Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment in the UK within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).