Time Served Metrology & Mechanical Technician
We are seeking a TIME SERVED Metrology & Mechanical Operator to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Mechanical Equipment, to be based in the calibration department at the client's state-of-the-art facility in Bolton.
**Suitable candidates MUST have time served formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship; any candidates without apprenticeship WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED**
- To Calibrate Mechanical Measuring Equipment, Tooling, Gauging, and any Test / Measuring equipment located on or off site to support R&D, Production and the customer
- An understanding of Mechanical Engineering Drawings: Tolerances, symbols, Datum's, PTZD's etc
- To have knowledge in all types of measurement and their associated equipment. Dimensional & form including roughness, flatness, roundness etc
- To have knowledge in the use of all types of mechanical measuring equipment, including the following:
- optical measurement (Theodolites, Auto-Collimators, and Telescopes)
- thread measuring machines
- height gauges
- hand tools (Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI's etc.).
- An identification of magnitude of error sources contributing to UNCERTAINTY OF MEASUREMENT to define reliability of measurement processes (What is accuracy / what is repeatability etc)
Role requirements (skills, training and qualifications)
- Time served apprenticeship or NVQ Level3, C&G/ONC
- A good understanding of UNCERTAINTY OF MEASUREMENT
- Provide technical advice / guidance, on all measurement matters
- Representation of company when attending conferences and/or metrology equipment companies
- Proactive attitude to daily tasking
- Experience with torque tooling desirable
- Good IT skills, knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Innovative, team player who has a passion for calibration and maintenance activities
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Commitment and integrity
- Good attitude to quality and safety
- Good communication skills.