£0.00 - £16.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
Would you like to play a key role ensuring the maintenance of equipment in busy manufacturing facility? We currently have a vacancy for a Technician at our clients site in Radway Green.
As a time served Maintenance Technician, you will be responsible for the operating, setting, preventative maintenance, reactive repair and safe condition of production plant & equipment and the efficient operation of plant and equipment in the manufacture of small arms ammunition.
This role will provide you with excellent career progression opportunities, have the ability to work on a site, which has been rebuilt recently with the latest manufacturing equipment, work on a top-tier manufacturing site and be given full training to develop your skills within the business.
Your main responsibilities as a Technician will involve:
- Ensuring processes are maintained and operated in a safe manner and escalate issues affecting safety within the given production area
- Provisioning of and adherence to dynamic risk assessments for non-standard operations and tasks
- Ensuring that work undertaken adheres to relevant quality standards and provides support in the implementation of quality improvement projects
- Attending and contributing to daily SQCDP (Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People) & DSUM (Daily Shift Update Meeting) cell reviews
- Operating of manufacturing processes and facilities to meet production programme requirements (i.e. MMS (Master Manufacturing Schedule), efficiency, utilisation, OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness))
- Supporting implementation of continuous improvement activities
- Providing motivation and support to apprentices to ensure development of a sustainable capability
- Identifying, raising and implementing solutions to safety, quality and production problems
Your skills and qualifications:
- A time served apprenticeship in an engineering function (experience in metal forming or turning environment)
- Experience of working within a mechanical environment
- Experience in the setting and operating of high-volume manufacturing plant and equipment e.g. Power Presses, CNC machinery, Multi Spindle Automatic Lathes etc.
- Basic understanding of Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Forklift truck license
- Experience in a medium volume production environment working to and achieving quality and delivery targets
- Computer literacy (able to use Microsoft Office packages/SAP and Success Factors)
What we're looking for in you:
You will have a proactive and enthusiastic approach to work, with excellent attention to detail. You will have the ability to communicate at all levels and confidently articulate quality and safety information.