High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
about 2 months ago
Are you an Engineer who has experience of working with complex electronic systems? Are you capable of investigating fault, analysing the root cause and creating thorough test procedures? Would you like to work part-time, on very flexible hours? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Through-life Support Engineer to work for a large engineering business based in High Wycombe. In this role you will form part of the dedicated support team, ensuring that in-service products remain live, active and dependable 24/7 all over the world. You will use your expert knowledge to provide advice on resolving technical problems and ensure that the correct procedures are always followed to guarantee products remain safe and suitable throughout their lifetime. Working collaboratively with design and field support teams you'll provide professional and reliable support to a wide range of customers.
As Through-Life Support Engineer you will;
- Investigate technical issues, including customer fault reports and technical queries, conducting root cause analysis and recommending design changes to resolve systematic faults.
- Monitor in-service equipment spares and manage the supply of support to MOD customers.
- Work closely with the design team to develop solutions that are technically and commercially acceptable and supportable throughout the equipment design life.
- Support obsolescence monitoring and identify replacement equipment where required.
- Write technical reports and test procedures.
- Provide technical advice via e-mail and telephone contact with the end users.
- Remotely supporting on-platform investigations of faults.
This role is being offered on a part-time basis (up to 22.5 hours per week) and the hours of which you can work are very flexible, including the opportunity to work 3 full days per week if required.
To be successful in this role we are looking for an experienced Engineer who can work with complex electronic systems including fault investigation and root cause analysis. Part of your role will involve writing and developing test procedures, so experience of doing this before is essential. As a Through-Life Support Engineer you will be working directly with the end user/customer so prior experience of holding an engineering support role would be needed.
If you're an Engineer who is looking for flexible, part-time working and would love the chance to work on some amazing, high value MOD products, this is the role for you!
For more information, please contact Taylor on 0117 933 4597 or apply online today…