Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months ago
Title of Post: Testing and Commissioning Coordinator, Rail Systems
Department: Testing & Commissioning
Directorate: Programme Delivery
Reports to: Dynamic Testing Manager
1. Purpose of the Job
To support the Employer in providing Testing and Commissioning technical expertise centrally for the project. Also to support the Employer in ensuring Systemwide Contractors are cognisant of the Testing and Commissioning requirements of the works information and fulfil them in a manner that ensures full integration between contracts across the Central Operating Section.
2. Principal Accountabilities
Support the Employer coordinating and supporting project teams in relation to the following:
* Provide in-depth technical support to each individual project team in their preparations and during the Systemwide contractors' static testing & commissioning as well as support to their management of interfaces on the project.
* That support to the Systemwide contractors for the management of interfaces will extend during commissioning and dynamic testing across multiple contracts.
* In provision of the technical support, also support development of integrated Testing and Commissioning programmes that demonstrate the coordination of systems through the Central Operating Section in support of the overall programme for delivery.
* Reviewing Testing and Commissioning documentation produced by each of the individual Contractors for adequacy and for inputting advice on the interfacing and integrating requirements for each of sub-system level test plans and associated documentation under review.
* Manage the Delivery Team requirements for their completion of their T&C progress reporting, via the periodically reported T&C Dashboard
* Collate progress made for Testing & Commissioning on the project - to be summarised in the periodically reported T&C Dashboard.
* Provide clarity and communication to the project delivery teams on the Testing and Commissioning Process
* Collaborate and co-operate with other CRL entities involved in Testing & Commissioning (including Planning the Chief Engineer's Group Infrastructure Managers, Integration and Assurance).
* Support the Testing and Commissioning Certification Process by way of review, monitoring, and if required support for audit.
* Work with the Delivery Team and Field Engineering to ensure that suitable and sufficient evidence of Testing and Commissioning results are compiled and processed in support of the Handover strategy.
Mandatory CRL Requirements
* Co-operate with Crossrail in all matters relating to health and safety, including following safe working procedures at all times.
* Act as a role model for Crossrail's vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with Crossrail's Ways of Working. Encourage and support others to do so too.
* Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behaviour when interacting with colleagues.
* Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorised disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put Crossrail's information or information systems at risk.
* To be responsible for the management of Health and Safety for direct reports.
3. Main Challenges of the Job
* Supporting the Employer in relation to understanding and ensuring the coordination and integration of Testing and Commissioning activities to fulfil all defined requirements, including schedule, cost, and self-assured quality for assigned systems/assets.
* Influencing a matrix organisation at project level to deliver a successful and Integrated Testing & Commissioning strategy.
* Building and maintaining strong working relationships with all the key stakeholders in a large multi-tier infrastructure project.
4. Dimensions & Interfaces (Internal and External)
Key working relationships -
* Testing & Commissioning Manager
* Works closely with key individuals from all Crossrail project teams and Systemwide contractors - other members of the CRL T&C team, project field engineers, planners, construction project managers project managers, quality manager, certification manager, directorate support teams and other third party stakeholders.
5. Person Specification
* Extensive Experience in the management of testing and commissioning of Rail Systems.
* Extensive Experience in the design of railway systems, including signalling and M&E systems.
* Knowledge of industry work processes for Testing and Commissioning rail systems.
* Understanding of interface management.
* Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
* Preferably I.Eng or C.Eng accredited with IET.
* Ability to effectively work within a matrix organization.
* Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
* Understanding of Health & Safety requirements for Railway Infrastructure projects, including knowledge of the application of the CDM Regulations and the CSM-RA process for system risk management and control.
6. Role Specific Requirements
* Not required
IF INTERESTED OR KNOW ANYONE WHO IS PLEASE GET IN TOUCH ON 0207 633 4162