|Job Title: Tester - Automation (Contractor)|
Location: Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire
Summary of Role
- Company is seeking an experienced tester to become part of a program engineering team to assess and deliver systems within the Defence Intelligence domain. Reporting to the Test Lead, the role is to co-ordinate the test activity within the In Service Support (ISS) Service Transition Team and deliver staged testing and subsequent customer acceptance of a large and complex system of systems rollout in the Defence and intelligence domain for the MoD customer, interfacing with the Delivery Team and In Service Support Service Operations Team.
- As an experienced Tester you will be responsible for executing against the established test strategy and plans, whilst overseeing the production and reviewing of system and subsystem test scripts.
- You will be involved in the planning of the acceptance and integration of components delivered by company and partner organisations, as this will lead to the progressive build of Integration Tests into complete Systems tests. Liaising with the Requirements Manager, the successful candidate is expected to take ownership of the requirements verification, test strategy, planning and execution. The role will require UK DV security clearance, be based across two core sites (Cambridge and in West London) and may involve some travel to the USA.
- There are a number of systems to be accepted over a phased testing regime with factory, integration, system and live transition testing stages. The successful candidate will have experience of delivering the acceptance of a large, complex secure system to budget and schedule.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Accountable to the Test Lead for delivering to cost and schedule.
- Collate and provide evidence that each release will deliver expected outcomes, validate fitness for purpose and provide assurance for fitness for use
- Ownership of the followingdeliverables:
- Acceptance strategy ensuring contractual/requirements traceability with the Requirements Manager who owns the Contractor System Requirements Document, helping ensure the requirements are correctly and explicitly defined so that they can be tested
- Integrated Test, Evaluation and Acceptance Plan (ITEAP) Contract Deliverable (CDRL)
- Liaison with the Requirements Manager to ensure the currency of the Verification, Validation and Requirements Matrix (VVRM) CDRL
- Acceptance Specifications CDRL
- Interface with the transition, design and operations teams, subcontractors, users and customer stakeholders in order to implement the integration, test and acceptance activities
- Help identify, assess and address issues, errors and risks throughout Service Transition
- Develop, maintain and execute automated and manual test scripts for requirement validation, integration, regression, performance and usability testing such as Robot Test/Selenium
- Knowledge of tools and processes used for IV&V of complex IT systems
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out system integration testing and customer system acceptance.
- Experience of the integration and testing of large, complex and secure systems using phased testing to include acceptance of deliverables from internal teams and subcontractors.
- Experienced verifying test plans and scripts from these deliverable subsystems and adequately satisfy the compliance with flowed down requirements.
- Experience of MoD IT Security environments and requirements (JSP440).
- Knowledge of test plans for Systems and Acceptance testing and subsequently mapping the relevant requirements to test scripts / scenarios for customer acceptance.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS and bespoke software to meet defined system requirements.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware, web services and networking in a secure environment.
- Experience at tracking and reporting progress against the schedule of the test and acceptance deliverables and testing activities.
- Experience in the defect management process on a large multi-system and multi-team project to ensure timely and prioritised fixes are received and all stakeholders are informed of status
- Solid background in software and system of systems integration and testing.
- Good experience of software and systems engineering principles gained on large, complex and secure systems.
- Proven track record in integration, testing and acceptance of complex IT systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Holder of current DV clearance
- Experience of working an IT Infrastructure Framework.
- Experience of the Robot Test or Selenium software testing framework for web applications.
- BSc in an engineering, scientific or mathematical discipline or equivalent experience;
- Experience of testing on Windows and Linux based systems.
- Knowledge of virtualised systems.
- Experience of testing distributed IT architectures in a classified environment.
- Knowledge and test experience of GIS, Image processing and map production software.
- Knowledge of validating Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to enforce a set of security requirements.
- Experience of commercial and government IT Security environments and requirements
- Knowledge of safety aspects - JSP480.
- A Finisher - who delivers what they commit to do and remains resilient in the face of difficulty.