US$17.00 - US$19.00 per hour
22 days ago
Morson International is currently seeking for a Test Technician for our client, a leader in the aviation industry manufacturing In Flight Entertainment systems for global airline carriers.
This position is a second shift opportunity and the selected candidate must be available for 1st shift training in the first few weeks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Responsible for reading and understanding sophisticated schematics containing both analog and digital circuitry. Troubleshoot complex PCBs down to the component level and proficient in the usage of a variety of complex test instrumentation, including audio/video test equipment.
Essential Functions / Key Areas of Responsibility
1. Assumes full responsibility of testing activities for one or more product lines.
2. Adapts to different testing such as working from PCBA level to Box Level (finished product) and then reverse.
3. Assists Production, Engineering and Quality Assurance to ensure that quality products are built and they meet minimum acceptance test criteria per ATP.
4. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans from Engineering to perform routine testing, check-out and troubleshooting functions of a simple nature.
5. Performs routine operational tests and fault isolation on systems and equipment to ensure conformance with final product specifications.
6. Diagnoses and isolates malfunctions down to component level.
7. Conducts defined tests and collect data as assigned and maintain pass/fail data using MRP-SAP for Traceability as well as generating Activity History Sheets.
8. Utilizes routine manufacturing test or diagnostic equipment including oscilloscopes, Video On-Demand, Digital Volt Meter, signal generators, specialized test apparatus.
9. Performs final verification of product and paperwork associate with the final product to support Quality Assurance and Traceability.
10. May be assigned to assists Test Engineer to set up Test Stations and maintain Burn-in racks for reliability testing.
11. Able to work with PCs and applications such as Windows and other related software.
12. Background in programming automated test equipment is highly desirable 13. Must be able to learn and utilize Companys resources such as MRP-SAP, Chorus 2.0, TeamCenter to verify all related documents and procedures.
14. Assists the line lead to ensure calibration/certification on all test equipment and hand tools are up to date and/or turn in to tool crib for calibration and certification.
15. Support the line and actively participates with continuous improvement program by following Lean Concepts and 5S guidelines.
Education: one year certificate from college or technical school or 3-5 years of related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Experience:
AUTOMATED TEST EQUIPMENT
EXCELLENT WRITTEN AND VERBAL COMMUNICATION SKILLS