Wythenshawe, Greater Manchester
£16.00 - £17.00 per hour
13 days ago
Purpose of Job
- To undertake test work per priority scheduling, ensuring at all times that work is conducted in a safe manner and to the required quality and efficiency levels.
- The role entails Electrical Test work at final point of release on standard & bespoke product output, per defined Specification.
- Commitment to the upkeep and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System (ISO 9001 2015 accreditation) through full involvement in the internal process audit schedule - local Operating Procedures & HQ driven Q-Gate obligations.
- Flexibility to undertake cross-departmental tasks at the discretion of local leadership in order to provide support in core areas when called upon.
- This deployment can include Patrol auditing, Goods-in auditing, sample approval, calibration work and Monthly reporting cycle (list non-exhaustive)
- This role will have a main emphasis on the FBA test element with contribution to the wider Quality Department operational requirements.
- Electrical Test work at final point of release on Commercial Circuit Protection standard & bespoke product output and the creation of highly detailed reporting thereon
- Measuring & recording / displaying all local KPI data relative to FBA function
- Providing all local & HQ reportable statistics each month to the Q Masterfile relative to FBA
- Full involvement in Customer Returns RP4 process - from assistance with the initial assessment of complaints received into the business through to site visits undertaking corrective works per Quality department generated RAMS documentation, the formal reporting of site works undertaken and involvement in any necessary follow-up work with regard to issue recurrence prevention.
Key Results/ Objectives:
- To service FBA Product Test requirements promptly, safely and accurately.
- To maintain, record, display, communicate and drive FBA DPU KPI's (FPY%).
- To support Customer Returns RP4 Core Team in promptly servicing Field Complaints.
- To support the Quality Operation in the delivery of Internal & HQ Quality Target Agreements.
- To support the Quality operation in maintaining ISO9001 (2015) accreditation.
- To ensure any owned auditing obligations (Internal Process, SCM Q-Gate, etc.,) are duly undertaken with any Non-Conformance Reporting / Opportunities for Improvement follow-up actions closed-out on time.
- High capability in electrical & mechanical fault finding
- Full understanding of single & three phase circuit protection installations
- Knowledge of IEC Wiring Regulations 18th Edition
- High level of PC literacy - in particular MS Excel preferred
- Ability to use / read / interpret FBA tracker (running on sequential database) is preferred
- Formal HV (flash test) certification
- Communication skills and the ability to integrate into a specialised team, working closely with FBA Leadership
- Responsible for (staff and/or equipment
- Responsibility for the safekeeping of all assets & tools allocated to FBA Test
- HNC in Electrical Engineering is preferred but must have (as a minimum) an ONC in Electrical Engineering - applicants without the aforementioned qualifications but the required experience may potentially be considered