Belfast, County Antrim
£45 - £50 per hour
2 months ago
Test Equipment Design Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £45 - £50 per hour LTD
The successful candidate will work as part of the Test Systems Engineering team on our client's Platform upgrade programme. The successful candidate will carry out the various Test Systems design/ development/ support tasks appropriate to the lifecycle phase of the product in order to deliver Guidance Platform test solutions.
The site is a 15 minute drive from Belfast City Airport, to which there are direct flights from many UK airports. You would have the option to condense the week into 4 days if preferred.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Develop test plans in conjunction with Engineering Designers.
- Ensure Testability requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure Customer Test Specifications are understood and that requirements are satisfied
- Interpretation of Test requirements from Systems Architecture, and Design data.
- Design of Factory Test Equipment and delivery of associated data packs including schematic capture, cable drawings, and General Assembly drawings.
- Development of Test Hardware including ATE (Automatic Test Equipment), Test Harness, Manual Test Box Equipment, and Circuit card Assemblies.
- Review design packs associated with Test Hardware (e.g. Circuit card Assemblies) and modify to satisfy requirements
- Management of subcontractors in delivery of Test Hardware, including acceptance test of equipment.
- Development of test documentation for use during Production Acceptance Test and proving of Test Equipment.
- Support formal introduction of Test Hardware to Factory, and support to operations during early Production ramp of Product Acceptance Test including fault diagnosis and repair.
- Conducting aspects of test solution development in accordance with company processes and standards.
- Represent the company at meetings and presentations to customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Participate in and contribute to company continuous improvement projects when required.
- Appreciation of test requirements analysis, specification & design
- Proficiency in use of data management tools for product lifecycle management
- Analogue and digital electronics design of Test hardware
- Demonstrable skills in electrical hardware design of Test equipment including component selection, design capture in Visio (or equivalent) for Test harness, Test Box, and Test interfaces associated with Test Rack equipment
- development of Test solutions related to Defence programme or Defence programme Product development
- Knowledge of hardware development lifecycles and methodologies
- Skills in development of Test Software solutions (e.g. Labview or similar) to execute automated measurement tasks and control of data communications would be nice to have.
- Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, innovation and commitment
- Configuration Management, Change Control and Requirements Management
- Good understanding of current trends in test development engineering and technologies.
Additional Security Information
due to the sensitive nature of the product, all applicants must hold or be eligible to hold UK MoD Security clearance to SC level.