£39.17 - £45.20 per hour
about 1 month ago
Test Systems Engineer
Portsmouth - 6 month duration - Pay rate £45.20 p/h Umbrella or £34.17 PAYE basic (£39.14 p/h PAYE including holiday pay)
We are looking to recruit a Test Systems Engineer to work for our client on complex RF Test equipment for the space/satellite sector. You will be working within the Communication Products Group based in Portsmouth. The successful candidate will be supporting the design & delivery of test solutions to satisfy project requirements and to provide support during the execution of the project production phase.
In particular, the Test Systems Engineer supports the Lead Test System Engineers in providing the solution design and delivery encompassing:
- System Build & Integration
Leading to the successful delivery of the Test Solution as required for the specific project campaign.
The Test Systems Engineer also supports the production of the test solution documentation and formal reviews with Projects.
Reporting to the RF Test Systems Team Leader within the Communication Products Group.
- Design, Integration, Validation and Documentation of RF Test Systems solutions; this role shall include all efforts required to deliver the test & control solution, including all hardware aspects where applicable and coordination of these disciplines where appropriate.
- Ensures that the developed solution is developed and produced within the relevant issued quality processes.
- Liaise with Project Responsible Engineer to achieve successful project milestone reviews with associated document inputs.
- Responsible for maintaining the solution and for providing support through the project operations phase (with the support of the Test Operations organisation).
- To provide responses/advice with respect to test hardware related occurrence reports and non-conformance raised.
- Supports the weekly and monthly reporting to the project team and to the department management team.
- Proven ability with the complete Test System Development Cycle and Test Philosophies
- Proven ability interpreting test requirements through to test system design, development, delivery and support in a production environment.
- Proven ability of maintaining complex multi-faceted test & control solutions.
- Proven track record of delivery OQOTOC.
- Knowledge of Hardware Products in particular RF Amplifiers & Converters.
- Applications: General Keysight equipment and measurement techniques for Network & Spectrum Analysis, Frequency Generation and Modulation, Power Supply Control and provision of control signals.
- Able to provide Test Reports & Result analysis.
- Able to present technical data to peers and project managers in a coherent manner.
All candidates must be capable of gaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. You will be able to start under a baseline check with the SC application pending, so if you are not currently SC cleared the client will sponsor a new application.
This role has been deemed Inside IR35.