Up to £0.00 per annum
3 months ago
We seek seasoned Test Systems Design & Development engineers with a depth and breadth of manufacturing engineering knowledge to designs and develop solutions to complex engineering problems which leads to the resolution of issues regarding Test Systems.
The Test Systems engineer is responsible for providing test equipment solutions across a broad spectrum of projects. The test engineer in this role will be supporting the provision, manufacture, maintenance, and the documentation, of test solutions.
These roles will;
- Develop and lead in the test solutions for a number of current programmes.
- Oversee and be involved in producing the test solutions and associated software.
- Use Teamcentre SAP and Workspace to maintain data packs, create, store, and distribute test documentation in the process of productionising test solutions.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead test solution engineering projects from requirements definition through to delivery whilst providing technical guidance to other team members.
- Use SAP for Parts and parts list Creation, Task lists, Drawings BOMS, Routings and problem solving.
- Produce Test Instructions for manufacturing to cover the production steps and the required calibration testing to provide appropriate design assurance.
- Ensure correct configuration management within Teamcenter and SAP.
- Review of Design and drawing suitability for production.
- Implement design changes and provide post-delivery support and resolving obsolescence issues.
- Drafting, vetting and editing technical reports or other documents relevant to, or required by, a particular task in order to ensure that technical findings can be successfully communicated with recipients
- Keeping accurate records of all manufacturing test equipment design related work in accordance with relevant extant procedures to ensure a complete design record of work undertaken.
- Ensuring adequate integration with other engineering functions involved with a task or program of work to ensure all aspects of the design solution are considered.
- Liaise with MOD establishments, test facilities, sub-contractors and customers as required to satisfy the needs of project or the business.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Ability to apply depth and breadth of expertise of Test Systems Engineering to complex Engineering problems.
- Understanding of the design process in order to support Design for Test.
- Ability with ATE Software and Graphical User interface creation and use, using LabView Lab Windows CVI (ANSI-C) & National Instruments. TestStand.
- Can use SAP.
- Ability with 3D modelling, ideally Siemens NX, and 2D drafting (Autocad or similar) for production and manufacturing & Gerbe or Visio or Creo Design tools.
- Knowledge and experience in production test techniques.
- Understanding of Microwave measurement techniques.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK 10 TEST SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEERS WHO HAVE WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)