Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £50.00 per hour
22 days ago
Test System Design Engineer
Contract 6 Months initially
Pay: £50.00 Ltd per hour
Primary Purpose of the Role:
The client designs, develops and manufactures low cost, high volume missile systems. With sites in Belfast, Crossgar and Thorney Island the company specialises in lightweight missiles and the integration of weapon systems into tactical platforms such as land vehicles, helicopters and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). The client also design, develop and manufacture propulsion sub systems related to the Space sector.
An opportunity has arisen within our Test Systems Engineering group, working on the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet customer requirements and business needs. The successful candidate will work as part of the Test Systems Engineering team on one of the clients' multi-discipline programmes. Under the guidance of the Test Systems work package manager, the successful candidate will carry out the various Test Systems design/ development/ support tasks appropriate to the lifecycle phase of the product.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Develop test plans in conjunction with Engineering Designers.
* Ensure Testability requirements are satisfied.
* Develop test applications for use during Production Acceptance Test of Circuit Card Assemblies (CCA).
* Design of Factory Test Equipment and delivery of associated data packs including detailed hardware design schematics, cable drawings and General Assembly drawings.
* Design, coding and maintaining test software to be used on Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
* Conducting all aspects of test solution development in accordance with company processes and standards.
* Support Operations in Product Acceptance Test including fault diagnosis and repair.
* Represent the company at meetings and presentations to customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Participate in and contribute to company continuous improvement projects when required.
* Appreciation of test requirements analysis, specification & design
* Experience of Test HW design and development, including detailed design of Automatic Test Equipment ATE, Test harness, and Fixture.
* Use of CAD Tool for capture of Hardware Design (e.g. Visio)
* Proven ability in the design and development of large applications using Labview
* Knowledge of Digital & Analogue Circuit Design & signal conditioning
* Instrumentation selection, integration & Control (GPIB, VXI, PXI, LXI, USB, LAN)
* Proficiency in use of data management tools for product lifecycle management
* Knowledge of software development lifecycles and methodologies applicable to automation of functional test
* Use of Test Software Tools for automation of Functional Test (e.g. TestStand or custom Test sequencers)
* Use of SW configuration management tools (e.g. Clearcase, Tortoise SVN)
* Digital / Analog Fault finding
* Knowledge of data communications (RS232, RS422, 1553, CANBus)
* Proven ability in Configuration Management, Change Control and Requirements Management
* Good understanding of current trends in test development engineering and technologies.
WE SEEK A TEST SYSTEM DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE ENVRIONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)