Belfast, County Antrim
Up to £47.00 per hour
17 days ago
Test Systems Design Engineer - Contract 6 Months - Belfast - Pay £47.00 Ltd per hour
The client is developing and manufacturing Satellites and subsystems for Space programmes. An opportunity has arisen within their Test Systems Engineering group, working on the design and development of innovative technical solutions that meet customer requirements and business needs. The successful candidate will work as part of the Test Systems Engineering team on the clients Space programme. Under the guidance of the Test Systems work package manager, the successful candidate will carry out the various Test Systems design/ development/ support tasks appropriate to the lifecycle phase of the product in order to deliver Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) test solutions.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Develop test plans in conjunction with Engineering Designers.
* Ensure Testability requirements are satisfied.
* Ensure Customer Test Specifications are understood and that requirements are satisfied
* Interpretation of Test requirements from Systems Architecture, and Design data.
* Design of Factory Test Equipment and delivery of associated data packs including schematic capture, cable drawings and General Assembly drawings.
* Development of Test Hardware including ATE (Automatic Test Equipment), Test Harness, Manual Test Box Equipment, and Circuit card Assemblies.
* Review design packs associated with Test Hardware (e.g. Circuit card Assemblies) and modify to satisfy requirements
* Review legacy design of circuit cards- Electrical design of circuit cards or modification of design of circuit cards
* Management of subcontractors in delivery of Test Hardware, including acceptance test of equipment.
* Development of test documentation for use during Production Acceptance Test and proving of Test Equipment.
* Support formal introduction of Test Hardware to Factory, and support to operations during early Production ramp of Product Acceptance Test including fault diagnosis and repair.
* Conducting aspects of test solution development in accordance with company processes and standards.
* Represent the company at meetings and presentations to customers, suppliers and sub-contractors.
* Participate in and contribute to company continuous improvement projects when required.
* Appreciation of test requirements analysis, specification & design
* Proficiency in use of data management tools for product lifecycle management
* Analogue and digital design of Test hardware
* Demonstrable skills in electrical hardware design of Test equipment including component selection, design capture in Visio (or equivalent) for Test harness, Test Box, and Test interfaces associated with Test Rack equipment
* Self-motivated, innovative and willing to exercise initiative
* Able to overcome barriers and make things happen
* Team member working to team goals
* Proven ability of development of Test solutions related to Space programme or involvement in Space programme Product development
* Knowledge of hardware development lifecycles and methodologies
* Proven ability in specification of Pressure Test, in design and development of pressure test equipment up to 300 bar.
* Will have demonstrated a high degree of technical expertise, problem solving skills, innovation and commitment
* Proven ability in Configuration Management, Change Control and Requirements Management
* Good understanding of current trends in test development engineering and technologies.
WE SEEK A TEST SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE/SPACE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)