£39.56 - £45.00 per hour + Ltd Company
about 2 months ago
Test Systems Software Architect
Portsmouth - 12 month duration - Pay rate £45 p/h Ltd or £39.56 PAYE including holiday pay
We are looking to recruit a Test Systems Software Engineer /Architect to work for our client implementing a new Test Data Management System within their Communications Product Group in Portsmouth. You will be working on equipment integrated onto space satellite payloads; the role is Portsmouth based but there may initially be some flexibility to work from home where possible.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design & delivery of test software solutions and associated documentation to satisfy project requirements and to provide support during the execution of the project production phase.
In particular, the Software Architect derives the Test Software encompassing the general Test System Process development flow.
- Requirements & Architectural Design
- Detailed Software Design and coding
- Test System Integration
- Software / Test System Validation
The Software Architect also takes ownership for the production of the test software documentation and supports formal reviews with Projects.
Working within a team environment and reporting to both the Engineering Management and to Project Managers within the Communication Products Group.
Tasks & Accountabilities
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Interpret requirements & technical specifications to design, develop, integrate, validate and deliver software solutions to agreed timescales and quality standards.
- Provides software documentation and management of the test software solutions to support the delivery of the overall test system.
- This includes ensuring that satisfactory level of Test Solution readiness is reached prior to the key project gate reviews.
- Ensures that the solution is developed within the relevant issued development and quality processes.
- Responsible for maintaining the solution and for providing support through the project manufacturing phase.
- To provide responses/advice with respect to test software related occurrence reports and non-conformance raised.
- Support the status reporting to the project team and to the department management team.
- Proven ability of the complete Test Solution Development Cycle and Test Philosophies.
- Demonstrable ability to interpret test requirements through to software design, development, delivery and support in a production environment.
- Proven ability of maintaining complex multi-faceted test solutions.
- Proven track record of delivery OTOCOQ.
- Proven ability of writing software code using LabVIEW, TestStand & SQL Databases.
- Knowledge of RF Hardware Products: Amplifiers, Frequency Conversion Products.
- Knowledge of typical RF Measurement instrumentation and its use for making complex measurements.
- Knowledge and ability in C/C++ would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of instrumentation control and interfacing applications (GPIB/USB/RS232).
- Knowledge of Test Data Management Systems and their implementation within a production environment.
- Able to manage software code control and change management.
- Able to produce supporting software design documentation.
- Able to provide Test Reports & Result analysis.
Please note, due to the sensitive nature of the project involved all candidates must be capable of obtaining a UK MOD Security Clearance to SC level. However, you will be able to start on a lower Baseline Security Check with the SC application underway, so you need not already hold a live SC.