Crawley, West Sussex
£42.00 - £47.00 per hour
2 months ago
The successful Test Solutions Design Engineer will work on a defence programme supporting the development of new test solutions and equipment.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To originate, specify and prove designs to meet project operational requirements.
- To ensure the product is delivered on time and to budget.
- To support project 'team building'.
- To ensure that project safety and airworthiness requirements are addressed in a manner consistent with company processes.
- To develop Test Requirements with design engineers to create reliable test solutions.
- To review new designs of products for testability.
- To develop Test documentation including Test Specifications for production test and systems test.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Electronics Hardware Design.
- PEC Schematic entry.
- Chassis design
- Knowledge of PXI Instrumentation.
- CE Marking
- Safety certification
- Knowledge of IBM DOORS (nice to have)
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: WE SEEK A TEST SOLUTION DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY / DEFENCE ENVIRONMENT / INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)