£7000 - £8000 per month + negotiable
9 days ago
* As an Aircrew Specialist, the job holder is responsible for providing support to the development of the cockpit to ensure optimum operational input to design and operability of the cockpit and associated systems. The post holder will also provide SME support to all engineering and design functions and remain up to date on all platform related technical changes and modifications.
* In addition they will be responsible for advising on all training and future courseware production to ensure these remain concurrent and aligned with the customer's needs.
The Aircrew Specialist will provide support to the engineering lead for the Human System Interface team and will be responsible for:
1 Establish an effective working relationship with key stakeholders and customer representatives.
2 Ensuring that customer requirements are captured correctly to include concept of operations, operational environment, mission analyses, task analyses and training aspirations and preferences.
3 Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the platform build standard and capabilities including weapons and their employment.
4 Support working group meetings (including the cockpit working group meeting and warnings committee meetings), internal operations and management team reviews, design reviews and customer meetings as required.
5 Maintain effective awareness of issues and operational doctrine related to the product and its intended use to provide a balanced view to all teams on the product's current and future usability.
6 Support the development of design concepts (both real and synthetic) through iterative design and evaluation on synthetic devices (including rapid prototyping and virtual reality devices).
7 Act as focal point of SME input into platform and platform related operator and training issues and solutions.
Functional Knowledge Required:
* Experienced as an operator, instructor or training specialist on similar platforms.
* Experience of either operation or design & development of glass cockpit display (4th / 5th gen) aircraft
* Knowledge and experience of the application of the MAI aircraft engineering development lifecycle including requirement capture, design, development, integration, qualification and in-service support processes.
* Knowledge of phase review life cycle management.
* Extensive knowledge and experience of supporting the management of internal and external organisations in the delivery of programmes.
* Proven capability to liaise effectively with customers in the delivery of programmes and training programmes in Industry, Government and Military organisations.
* Experience of working on complex Military Aircraft Programmes particularly at the early stage of the product life cycle.
- Furnished Accommodation and utilities
- Access to pool car
- Medical and dental insurance
- Immigration and destination services support
- Expatriation and Repatriation support