Up to £450.00 per day
5 months ago
Location: Preston or Farnborough
Duration: 6 Months
Rate: £450.00 per day
The Test Manager is tasked with the overall responsibility for the full lifecycle of testing activities on a project.
This includes defining the testing and acceptance strategy for a project or programme, planning and coordinating the execution of these plans and managing the relationship with the client with regards to the testing, acceptance and test results.
- Take responsibility for the management of the testing activities within a development project.
- Define the testing strategy for a development project or programme and manage the agreement of this plan with all relevant stakeholders.
- Plan the functional, non-functional and acceptance tests and manages the execution of these plans.
- Take responsibility for the production and approval of testing deliverables and achievement of testing
milestones during a project.
- Maintain awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analysed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed.
- Manage all risks associated with the testing and takes preventative action when any risks become unacceptable.
- Plan, arrange and control meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
- Lead reviews of requirements and schematic diagrams for early defect prevention, including for testability, load, performance and security issues, with a specific purpose to reduce defect injection at the start of the project.
- Ensure the collection and reporting of key metrics and is able to use these metrics for deploying risk based testing
- Review Bids and testing estimates.
- Conduct audits and manage the conduct of audits by others, according to the audit and assurance plans and in line with organisational standards to assess compliance with the organisations test policy and practice
Proven track record in building high calibre software testing teams building enterprise software
- Proven track record of software automation and/or performance test planning and execution
covering the complete cradle to grave software development life cycle
- Strong technical background with an understanding of the issues and processes required to deliver high quality enterprise software applications and the ability to communicate effective to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record in innovation in relation to business model and process reengineering in addition to product / feature level innovations
- Collaborative, team based work and problem solving style
- Strong planning, program management, team management, delegation, motivation and mentoring skills
- Ability to apply analytical skills to the engineering prioritisation process to ensure that long term strategic product goals are realized in addition to short-term project / revenue goals
- Strategic thinker, ability to simplify and communicate complex concepts
- Able to work within a virtual environment and in managing and supporting teams working in