£0.00 - £52000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Do you have extensive experience of working within Test Engineering? Are you familiar and knowledgeable about the process of producing electronics? Would you like the chance to oversee and manage a Test department; from facilities to personnel management? If so, we would love to hear from you!
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Test Equipment Manager to work for a large engineering business in Wembley. You will have responsibility for developing and commissioning test equipment as well as managing a small team and your test facilities. Working closely with project teams you will identify test requirements and ensure design for manufacture/test is considered during this process. As part of your role, you will be working closely with the Manufacturing Team to integrate test equipment into cells; focusing on minimising cost and times where possible.
As Test Equipment Manager you will;
- Develop, construct and procure Production Test Equipment.
- Ensure Test Equipment complies with Company Health and Safety guidelines, this includes organising safety Reviews and Risk Assessments.
- Ensure Test Documentation, User Manuals and Build Records are kept updated.
- Write, approve and issue Test Specifications/ Procedures according to the Company Document Configuration Processes.
- Work with Engineering to help resolve technical issues that may arise during the development of a product.
- Monitor the test times within the product cost; where appropriate, implement improvements to test equipment and processes that result in efficiency improvements.
- Manage and plan the department workload
- Report on estimated delivery dates and adherence to costs targets.
- Give accurate estimates of test equipment costs required for the Bid Process.
- Create business cases for investment in new test equipment.
- Represent Test at Design Reviews and Project Meetings; to -ensure all Test and Acceptance activities are identified and designs are optimized in line with OFT considerations.
- Attend Production daily stand-ups, giving status updates on priorities, resources, equipment, documentation and user training.
- Provide Test operator training on product testing and fault finding.
To be successful in this role you will have considerable experience in a hands-on Test Engineering position but will now be looking to progress and develop into a Managerial role. It is essential that you have good knowledge and understanding of working with analogue and digital electronics in a production environment. As you will be managing a team and overseeing a department experience of budget responsibility, personnel management and department reporting would be highly advantageous.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Test Equipment Manager to progress their career!
For more information please call Taylor on 0117 933 4597 or apply online today…