Belfast, County Antrim
£45.00 - £53.00 per hour
10 months ago
This role is to undertake the design and development of test equipment that meet customer requirements and business needs. You will carry out Test Equipment Systems design/ development and support tasks appropriate to the lifecycle phase of the product in order to deliver Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) test solutions.
AT THE COAL FACE / TASKS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop test plans in conjunction with Engineering Designers.
- Ensure Testability requirements are satisfied.
- Ensure Customer Test Specifications are understood and that requirements are satisfied
- Design of Factory Test Equipment and delivery of associated data packs including schematic capture, cable drawings and General Assembly drawings.
- Development of Test Hardware including ATE (Automatic Test Equipment), Test Harness, Manual Test Box Equipment, and Circuit card Assemblies.
- Review design packs associated with Test Hardware (e.g. Circuit card Assemblies) and modify to satisfy requirements
- Review legacy design of circuit cards- Electrical design of circuit cards or modification of design of circuit cards
- Development of test documentation for use during Production Acceptance Test and proving of Test Equipment.
- Support formal introduction of Test Hardware to Factory, and support to operations during early Production ramp of Product Acceptance Test including fault diagnosis and repair.
SKILLS / PROVEN ABILITY
- Test equipment requirements analysis, specification & design.
- Proficiency in use of data management tools for product lifecycle management
- Analogue and digital design of Test hardware
- Demonstrable skills in electrical hardware design of Test equipment including component selection, design capture for Test harness, Test Box, and Test interfaces associated with Test Rack equipment.
- Knowledge of hardware development lifecycles and methodologies
- Proven ability in specification of Pressure Test, in design and development of pressure test equipment up to 300 bar.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION WE SEEK A TEST SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER WHO HAS WORKED IN A MILITARY/DEFENCE/SPACE ENVIRONMENT/INDUSTRY WITHIN THE LAST 12 MONTHS OR WHO IS CAPABLE OF OBTAINING SECURITY CLEARANCE (SC LEVEL MINIMUM)