0161 707 1516
about 1 month ago
Our client is a missile system provider, developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of weapons.
They seek a Test Equipment Design Engineer for a 6 month contract in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- It will require complete management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
Skills/ Proven ability:
- Excellent understanding of:
- Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old)
- Wiring diagrams and schedules
- Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of:
- Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD)
- Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase
- Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of:
- RF measurement techniques and equipment
- Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics and programming
- Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following:
- The use of CAE Design tools
- Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams -
- Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents
- Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
- Proven ability in the design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electro-mechanical equipment and systems
Due to the nature of the products all applicants must have worked within the Defence / Military industry within the last 12 months or be capable of obtaining Security Clearance (SC level minimum).